- Chronic low back ache (CLBP) prevalence increase linearly from the third decade of life on untilthe 60years of age.
- LBP due to lumbar disc prolapsed is major cause of morbidity throughout the world. Lifetimeincidence of LBP is 50-70% with incidence of sciatica more than 40%.
- Sciatica is the most common debilitating condition and a serious disease of the nervous systemcauses CLBP.
- Sciatic nerve is the longest and largest nerve in the human body, running from the lower back of the leg (behind the thigh) and down into the muscles of the each leg and feet (toes)
- This sciatic nerve runs below the piriformis muscle from greater sciatic foramen and divides into two nerves above the back of the knees, the tibial and the common peroneal nerve, both of which serve the lower leg and foot.
- Herniated disc, bone spur or narrowing of the spine ( spinal Stenosis) in the lower back,
compresses part of the sciatic nerve causing inflammation and pain to radiate along the nerveand often some numbness in the affected leg called the sciatica or lumbar radiculopathy.
- Sciatica resembles the disease gridhrasi of the ayurveda. Gridhrasi is one among the vataja
nanatmaja Vyadhi, where dysfunction of vata effect gridhrasi nadi characterized by low backpain radiating to lower limbs, stiffness and pricking type of pain.
Any type of injury to the spine may leads to compression of the sciatica nerve at its roots.
Any infection/toxic material near the area of the nerve.
Osteoarthritis of the lower spine.
Improper sitting postures, over exertion, jerking movements during travelling and sports.
Mental stress creates undue pressure on the spinal column and plays an important role in producing low back ache and sciatica.
The real cause of sciatica, however, is the direct outcome of excess acidity of the blood andtissues and a rundown condition of the system generally. It is one of the many forms of “acidosis”.
Other causes include pregnancy, tumors of the pelvis, deformities of the lower spine andexposure to cold and damp.
Sciatica is a disease having symptoms such as pain, numbness, tingling and weakness starting from the low back and or buttocks and radiating towards the foot through the back of the thigh, knee joint and leg when one or more of the nerve roots forming the sciatic nerve or sciatic nerve alone is either compressed or irritated.
Day by day pain increases, reduces the blood circulation, and begins with numbness of the leg and resulting in thinning of the leg.
In sciatica, there is no permanent solution to the people for the pain relief with internal medications,injections and surgeries. In all aspects from the initial stage to the acute phase of this disease, by focusing on age and gender and observing the physical and structural changes in the body, our Kalpataru is providing the ayurveda panchakarma treatment to the entire body, especially for the sciatica from the lumbar region to the foot. It includes
Ayurveda panchakarma chikitsa and its upakramas (snehana and Swedana, Nasya chikitsa, Kativasti, Anuvasana and Niruha Basti, sarvanga pariseka with kashaya and taila, Upanaha, pralepa and pradeha)
Dietary regimen to maintain the lubrication in Dhatus and to increase the immunity.
Ayurvedic internal medication
Since 12 years, our Kalpataru ayurveda hospital doctor’s team has shown great benefits in treating disease in individuals and also record was shown, were number of individuals were treated without an operation.
Once the complete/right treatment is given, individuals can live happily by following the diet restrictions from the doctor.